7 tips to drive incremental sales:
1. Abandoned Basket - Encourage the prospect to complete the purchase by offering a discount. You can use a pop-up message (returners) and push them to complete a purchase.
2. Product Information - Make sure you have product images that are colourful and captivating to generate emotional response. Also, keep product information detailed and additional information available "on-demand".
3. Enable Product Comparison - Where possible, enable prospects to compare products via charts or tables.
4. Reduce Product Options - Sometimes showing too many product options leads to prospect indecision. So, limit the amount of products shown each time. If the prospect is using filters, only provide 5 results and use a default - recommended product.
5. Inventory Organisation - Make sure you show relevant product options. I suggest to arranging products by brand, theme or purpose.
6. Tone of Voice - Always frame the experience in an optimistic light, this will decrease cognitive dissonance.
7. Checkout Pages - Strive to reduce the number of steps or pages required for a conversion. You can also make it more difficult for prospects to return to previous page, once the checkout process begun.
Ivan Fernandes, Founder and Managing Director at Digital Business Partners