1. Larger product images - Larger product images are a must for an eCommerce success, allowing visitors to have a good look of the product of their interest before buying.
2. Bringing price and add-to-cart button closer - Placing product information consumers use to make buying decisions in one easy access location makes a lot of sense from a eCommerce sales standpoint.
3. Adding shipping details closer to buy box - Providing valuable eCommerce information (e.g: shipping costs, time of arrival, return police etc.) near buy box leads to increase sales uplift.
4. Banner displaying top deals - Make sure you start using banners to promote top deals available on the eCommerce site. I suggest adding commercially-focused banners on top of all the information pages of the site.
5. Optimising your eCommerce site for mobile devices - Smartphones and Tablets are primarily used for pre-sale activities, so make sure you provide all pre-sale information on your mobile site, and push buying behaviour through various conversion channels.
6. Including visibility of total billing amount - Not showing the total billing amount upfront is the biggest reason for cart abandonment and not disclosing the total amount at checkout comes across as misleading and puts off customers.
7. Make the most of deal seekers - The contributing factors for the defection are better deals, more trust factors at play and faster shipping. So, make sure you constantly have promotional deals to cater for this type of customer.
8. Adding trust signs (Nortan, McFee etc) - Trust indicators like customer reviews and security seals play the biggest role in convincing new site visitors to shop.
9. Offering alternative payment methods - There is a high number of abandoned purchases due to problems with card related security - bank rejecting the transactions. Make sure you offer other payment methods: Paypal or other ePayment methods.
10. Reducing and optimising data capture - Prospects frequently abandon a purchase because the site asks for personal information they are not comfortable sharing.
Let’s talk about how we can help you improve your eCommerce efforts to generate incremental sales.
Ivan Fernandes, Founder and Managing Director at Digital Business Partners